Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Sledding

When you wake up to 4" of snow on a Saturday morning - what else do you do, but make waffles? Bo and Crawford watched Mickey while Con and I slaved away :)
Crawford calls them "puffy" waffles.
I feel accomplished as a chef because Crawford told me he likes my waffles better than "freezer" waffles! Poor thing gets Eggo's 99% of the time.
The pic below cracked me up. The tracks are the paper man's, whom I met at 3:50 am this morning as I was walking back to bed after getting a quick drink. The "night" sky is literally lit up at night because of the street lights reflecting off of the snow. I almost had a heart attack, when I looked out our double doors to look at the "peaceful" snow - and there was a man standing there! Thank you Mr. Paper man for braving the conditions.
Birthday spoiler: Personalized fire badges.
We packed all of our gear and headed to the Rogers for some fun snow time.

Amanda and I spent most of the time inside working on firemen vests for the birthday party. Eventually the boys joined us as a warm house full of toys sounded better than frozen hands. Crawford LOVED Cole's new space suit.
After a yummy lunch and much progress on the vests, we headed to our house for nap time. After nap, it was the Rogers turn to come to our house (we have a few more hills)!
Taylor also came over and man was she a big help. Conlee just loves her.

This is what it looks like right before you get a shovel of snow dumped on your head!


Kyle and the boys hitting the hill.

I thought Bo was out of his mind when he told me to go with him. I hopped on his back and we went down head first. Wish I had a picture.
The boys wanted to ride the Gator, but we should have learned from Christmas - it doesn't work well on ice!
The girls came inside with babies (and for hot chocolate). How adorable is Cade?

Cole finally joined us for what else - snacks :)

This was our poor attempt at a snowman.
Today was one of those days that makes you truly thankful for the friendships God brings into your life. I had a blast - but I am totally exhausted. Thank goodness El Sol was opened - take out fajitas hit the spot!

No comments: