So after 56 days and as many pounds - my dad finally is out of the hospital. I headed to Eastern Arkansas to welcome him home. He still is far from "recovered" (still has a drain, swelling, etc.) - but hey - it's got to be easier to do it at home than in the hospital. The good news is it's the "old" Paul - meaning his mind is in tact and he's ready to continue fighting!
I got a big surprise when I arrived home. Mom has had the house "updated." She painted and had new flooring put down. It is gorgeous. I immediately understood why she wanted me to come home - we needed to decorate! We spent all of Friday night moving furniture! Matt arrived on Saturday and Mom and I jetted to J-town for some much needed accessories!
It was a great weekend with just the 4 of us. It's so funny to think just how long it has been since the 4 of us sat around a table together - just us. It felt so good. Dad still isn't eating much and just might drive my Mom nuts - but they are definitely making it. The sad news is that the minute he feels better - it will be time to go through radiation - boo! But in my heart - I know they are both strong and we'll beat this thing together.

I can't really find the words to tell you how proud I am of both of my parents. They've overcome incredible odds and are still together after 35 years of marriage. They truly have been through it all. I honestly can say that they are more in love now than they've ever been. They've been great teachers and great friends. I am blessed to have them both in my life (my brother's not too bad either!). We've got a long fight ahead - but together we'll make it! We all rely on each other and we are all there for each other - no matter what.
I love you Mom and Dad!
I got a big surprise when I arrived home. Mom has had the house "updated." She painted and had new flooring put down. It is gorgeous. I immediately understood why she wanted me to come home - we needed to decorate! We spent all of Friday night moving furniture! Matt arrived on Saturday and Mom and I jetted to J-town for some much needed accessories!
It was a great weekend with just the 4 of us. It's so funny to think just how long it has been since the 4 of us sat around a table together - just us. It felt so good. Dad still isn't eating much and just might drive my Mom nuts - but they are definitely making it. The sad news is that the minute he feels better - it will be time to go through radiation - boo! But in my heart - I know they are both strong and we'll beat this thing together.
I love you Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment