Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday School

I'm sure there of those of you out there who will disagree with me - but we made the decision not to take Conlee to the church daycare until she was 1. Let me tell you, RSV will scare you to death and the doc's advice was, "Don't put her around any more kids than is absolutely necessary." So - school is necessary, church is not. But, since she turned 1 we've finally gotten back in the groove! Good news is Crawford LOVES his class. He's moved up and gets to participate in arts & crafts, story and song time. Bad news is Conlee HATES it. She literally screams from the time we walk in the door until the time we come and get her.

We were up in plenty of time this morning, so I thought I'd make us a treat - chocolate molasses and bacon for breakfast. We all 4 sat at the table and ate together. So domesticated :)


Needless to say, the chocolate biscuits went over well with the kids.
Then it was off to church. We literally threw Con at the nursery and bolted for the sanctuary. We went to pick her up and found her asleep in a swing with a blanket and a paci. Yes she is 14 months old! We put the swing up 6 months ago and haven't had a paci or morning nap in more than 2 months. But, hey - I guess they were desperate.

Good thing was she was super excited to be home and really loved the craft Crawford made in his class.
I will say that I feel like a part of me is back. I've missed our regular routine - and I've missed the spiritual connection. It makes my heart smile to know that Crawford runs around quoting Matthew 22:37, "Love God with all your heart." Amen to that! I'm praying that Conlee will move up to the "toddler" room soon. I honestly think she is "bored" in the baby room!

No comments: