Friday, January 29, 2010

Ice Storm

I've been preparing for 2 days to get ready for the ice storm. Well, it's Friday and it's finally here. But so far - it looks like we were really lucky - it's more of a snow storm than an ice storm!

Here is what 2 kids can do to a den in less than 10 minutes. Really? I turned my back and this is what I found.
It is so fun for me to watch them play together. Conlee is such a tom-boy. She drives the cars and says "rrrrrmmmmhhh" and she chugs around the house with a "choo-choo!"


Now, this is what happens when you let the toddler "color" with markers. It was literally behind her ears. Bo surprised me when he came home from work (the bank closed early). I honestly think he thinks I let the kids do this all of the time!

At around 3:00 - the ice was gone and the snow was coming down.
We couldn't let the chance pass us by. We had to get bundled up and get out in it.
Conlee loves her hood. She calls it a hat. And no need to comment, I know she looks like the uni-bomber.

Crawford going down our drive-way. I've never seen snow this thick!
Conlee was pretty upset when we made her come inside!
She changed her mind when she heard the words - snow ice cream!
Crawford asked if we could have more ice cream tomorrow. I told him from the looks of things we could have more for at least a week! Below is a pic of my snowman snow fall measurement figurine. It really wasn't that big of a help since the snow covered it. I dusted it off and it hit 4 1/2"!

Thank the LORD we didn't loose power today. Once that threat had passed - we actually had fun. Looking forward to a great day of sledding tomorrow.

No comments: