Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Our New Year's tradition includes, of course, black-eyed peas and cornbread - but we have a special "McCain" twist - we throw in fried ribs. Sounds weird - right? They are the best thing you have EVER put in your mouth. We took all of the food to Sue-Sue and J-J's. Crawford insisted his motorcycle make the trip too.Sue-Sue found some of Bo's old stuffed animals (Raggedy Andy and Bear-Bear). Con was a huge fan.
I think the best thing to happen (so far in 2010) is the phone rang this morning and it was my Dad! I talked to him last night and he was still super confused. But this morning, he was so clear and sounded like himself. I haven't really "talked" to him in almost 2 months - it really was a miracle. I like the way this new year is starting out. Hopes and prayers that it continues!

No comments: