Saturday, May 15, 2010

Go Cubs Go

There’s no rest for the weary when you only have 1 1/2 days without your kids!  We were up at 8 am making the hotel switch.  We moved to the Westin on Michigan.  Surprisingly they had our room ready!

 Chicago 2010 022 Chicago 2010 023

I seriously thought that bed looked very inviting – but we had a Cubs game to get to.  We went “traditional” and took the train.

photo43 We were there in plenty of time to soak in the atmosphere.  Harry Carrey’s, Murphy’s, Cubby Bear.  When in Rome!  Well, we chose to pass on the whiskey shots being served up at 11am!

photo44 photo45 photo46 photo48 photo49  photo51 photo52

We wisely decided not to get bleacher seats – I just didn’t think we could hang!  It was supposed to be 73 and sunny – but it didn’t get over 65, so $65 dollars later – I was wearing a newly purchased Cubs sweatshirt :)  I will say – it was everything I thought it would be – heaven.

photo53 photo54 photo55

We hit Rock It after the game and I didn’t think we were going to leave.  There was a dj playing the best 80’s music and you would have sworn it was 3 am the way people were partying!

photo56 photo57 photo58 photo59 photo60

After a much needed nap and a complimentary chair massage, we got dressed and hit the town for the last night.  We went completely “touristy” and hit all of the famous spots on Rush.

Chicago 2010 024 photo61 photo62

Tavern on Rush – which was touristy but I loved.

photo63 photo68

Frog Bar and Gibson’s – the food smelled so good.

photo64 photo65 photo66 photo67 

We ended with dinner at Devon.  I only got a picture of the app because I literally devoured my entree!

photo69 photo70

photo71

We were home “early” (11:30).  Just in time to get some rest before 8:40 flights home!

No comments: