Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Color Purple

One of my all time favorite movies ever is The Color Purple.  I bet my brother and I’ve watched it 100 times.  So, when I heard the Broadway show was coming to the WAC, I just had to get us tickets.

So, tonight Matt and I had a brother & sister night on Dickson.  We hit Bordino’s before the show for a quick bite.  I’m really glad the bartender told us that it was a long one and wouldn’t be out until 9:45 – at first we thought we’d wait and eat after the show!

Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 012 

Our seats were amazing – Row P almost in the center.  We normally wait until the last minute to order tickets – so I’m not used to getting the best seats in the house.  The show was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  Honestly, it’s the best musical I’ve ever seen.  It kept to the story enough that some of our favorite lines from the movie were in it.  But, the added songs really brought new life to a familiar story.  Loved it.

CP2 

I had to take the pic below.  Remember the guy from the library who sat in front of Conlee so she couldn’t see?  Well he was a few rows up from us and yes – that’s his kid with him.  Who takes a 4 year old to a show that isn’t over until 9:45 (not to mention the suggestive topics and language in the show!).  He’s officially my nemesis :)

CP

No comments: