Friday, October 29, 2010

Trick or Treat on the Square

I’ve got many things I love about Fayetteville – but rounding out the top 3 has got to be the Trick or Treat event.  All of the businesses on and around the square hand out candy to the kids.   Bo even planned to take off early just so he could join us.  The kids donned their costumes (Captain Hook and Tinkerbell if you can’t tell) and we headed down.

 Halloween 2010 013 Halloween 2010 014  Halloween 2010 016

Surprise, surprise – Amanda and the boys were there (we’d been planning it for weeks!).  The entire Roger’s crew rocked Batman costumes.  Bo couldn’t believe that I didn’t try to convince him to be an Alligator or Peter Pan!

Halloween 2010 017 Halloween 2010 018 Halloween 2010 019  Halloween 2010 022 

Just in case you thought it was just us – HA!  The lines were super crazy but it was so great seeing all of the kids in their costumes.

Halloween 2010 024 

My favorite pic below!  Even with all of the other kids – I think our 4 thought they were the only ones there!

Halloween 2010 027    Halloween 2010 033   

Conlee was A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!  We had her hair in a ponytail (which looked like a bun) – she even wore blush and lipstick.  Don’t worry we aren’t headed for Toddlers and Tiaras – HA!   I was so proud that she wasn’t scared at all!  I think once she realized candy was the “treat” she was all in.  She must have chowed down on at least 10 suckers.   It was a good thing we had so many adults – it was like herding cats.

Halloween 2010 039 Halloween 2010 040 Halloween 2010 042   Halloween 2010 045

Love how Crawford is telling Cade and Con the “rules” of trick or treating (he is my son – the rule follower!).

Halloween 2010 047    Halloween 2010 051 

The men were a big help and were on stroller duty.

Halloween 2010 053 Halloween 2010 055

This is the best.  Conlee “playing” the ring toss.  Yes, she did walk right up and place the ring on the stick to win the prize.  She’s no dummy.

Halloween 2010 056 Halloween 2010 057    

My two most precious photos below.  The family shots.  Love that we have the kids with all of their grandparents.

Halloween 2010 062     Halloween 2010 067

      Halloween 2010 076

The pics below depict life as I know it.  Crawford/Cole decide to do something…Conlee/Cade follow.

Halloween 2010 077     Halloween 2010 084  

I mentioned stroller duty.  This is what I saw coming across the street – Linda catching a ride in Amanda’s stroller.

Halloween 2010 083

We ran into one of the boys friends.  Love how bad Conlee wanted to be on the bench – she was climbing up there!

Halloween 2010 089  

Hands down – this was great – Glenda the Good Witch?  With Conlee as Dorothy and the boys to play the other parts – we are so doing Wizard of Oz with the Rogers one day.  Wonder if Amanda or I will have to be the Good and Bad Witches? :) Halloween 2010 092

I love pics taken from behind.

 Halloween 2010 093  After a family feast at Delta Soul (we love the place) – the kids had to show Bo the jack-o-lanterns.  I was pretty proud of the way they turned out.

  Halloween 2010 038 Halloween 2010 054

I had so much fun tonight that I can’t wait to see them on Sunday!

No comments: