Strange fact about today? It’s my father-in-law’s birthday. What’s so strange about that? The fact that both of his parents passed away on his birthday! You got to love that he likes this “strange” fact as it makes him unique.
A not so strange fact is that he’s a man and he HATES birthdays. But, we made him go to Cafe Delta Soul for dinner. Have you tried it yet? Next to the Neighborhood Market??? Catfish, burgers, ribs…all from the guy who previously worked at Herman’s. They even have the salsa on the table (with chips vs. crackers). It’s amazing. This non-meat eater loves that my kids scarf down their burgers!
To add insult to injury – we had a small cake for J-J. We even sang and made him blow out the candles (well he had a lot of help from the kids).
To say at this exact moment I am desperately wondering why, oh why I had to have those last few sweet potato fries is putting it mildly. I am stuffed. I think I more than made up of my 24 hour eating strike. It’s delicious.
Bo stumbled upon a little something special as we left – they now have Sunday Brunch. Blueberry pancakes, French toast and fried pork steak. I never thought in a million years there would be a restaurant in Fayetteville that had fried pork steak on the menu!!! It’s my favorite. So can’t wait to enjoy a Sunday Brunch. Did I mention they have a full bar and catfish and grits are also on the brunch menu? These guys are brining Eastern Arkansas up North!
No comments:
Post a Comment