Friday, October 22, 2010

Why didn’t I think of that?

Last week at Harp’s I came upon one of the best things ever – a cookie decorating kit.  Yes, there was the expected Halloween “gingerbread house” but man – that’s a lot of work.  This was the perfect project and all of the hard work is already done for you.  One set has 2 cookies, 3 icings and sprinkles.  There was even a “party” set that had 15 smaller cookies with all of the trimmings.  Perfect for a Halloween party!

Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 013

The kids could hardly finish their breakfasts because they were so ready to sprinkle!

Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 014 Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 015 Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 016

Conlee’s on the left; Crawford’s on the right (both with some “assistance" on the outline from Mom).

Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 017

You can tell from the pic below just what happened to Con’s ghost’s mouth – she just couldn’t resist herself.

Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 018 Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 019

One of my all-time favorite parenting moments happened while I was cleaning up the mess.  I heard Conlee talking to Diageo.  I found her feeding him sprinkles.  When I asked her what she was doing she replied, “Sprinkles are yummy to Diageo’s tummy!”  So freaking adorable.  I’ve been wanting her to be more “girly” and play with her baby dolls and girl toys.  So, my ideal would have been a doll with blonde hair and a cute dress – but I guess I’ll have to settle for the little Hispanic guy :)

Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 020 Pumpkin Patch with the Rogers 2010 021

No comments: