It seems like after a month long break – we are finally back in our routine. Gym, Wal-Mart, lunch, nap, work, play. Makes for a pretty good Wednesday. Here’s a glimpse of how today went down.
Here’s what my crew looks like in WM. Conlee has decided that she likes to ride on the bottom. She’s just small enough so that her feet don’t touch the ground. If you look closely, Conlee has Dora toothpaste and Crawford has a Spiderman toothbrush. They think these are toys – and for now that’s working to keep them satisfied!
Crawford has been missing his Chick Hicks (for those of you not fascinated by the movie Cars – it’s a toy car from the movie) for a few weeks now. While I made lunch – I had the kids color some binoculars for us to use to play “I Spy” to try and locate the elusive Chick.
Somehow they bought the idea that they had to dry during nap time – and went right down after lunch. But, the first thing Crawford said when he woke up was, “I need my noculars. We gotta find Chick!” I will say this was one of the most fun and completely free crafts we’ve done. Look how cute they turned out!
At WM I did let the kids each pick out 1 new toy. The caveat – it had to be under $5. Crawford chose a Dinoco car (from the movie Cars of course). Can you guess what Conlee wanted? What else – another Diageo. She’s completely obsessed. The one she got today also had Baby Jaguar and a sled. She’s over the moon in love.
I had lunch earlier in the week with a co-worker who’s expecting her second child. Hers will be the exact same amount apart as Con and Crawford. She wanted to know if they are the best of friends. I sent her the pic below to show her just how tight these two are!
The kids hit the On Demand jackpot today – Go Diageo: Halloween just hit the Nickelodeon menu. I am pretty sure we’ll view this at least 100 times between know and Halloween.
I do have to report that sadly, we did not find Chick. We pulled out every toy basket and looked under every piece of furniture. I suspect Chick was accidentally left at the beach. After sharing this suspicion with Crawford he replied, “So, after we get enough manner marbles in the jar can we go to Rosemary? I bet we’ll find him there.” Crawford – oh how I’d love to take you to Rosemary next month but I think you’ll have to settle for Branson :) I’m completely planning on surprising him with a carefully planted Chick waiting in our condo!
Bo had a guys night out to watch baseball, so I treated the kids to breakfast for dinner. I felt like a short order cook at the Waffle House. They ate 4 scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage and they each mowed down 2 "puffy" waffles. Ever since Garett introduced them to the Black Eyed Peas they want to hear it all of the time. I just had to send Bo the video below.
So, there's your glimpse. It's not a glamours life, but man - it's a great life!
No comments:
Post a Comment