We have had our hands full this week saying goodbye to Lu-Lu, Bo’s grandmother. She was 84 years old and after a 6 month stay in hospice, Thursday morning she finally went to heaven. She had breast cancer and made the decision not to treat it. It’s been my first experience with breast cancer and all I can say is that it’s ugly. You read it right when I said a 6 month stay. The usual stay in hospice is 1 week! It’s been a long, hard, drawn-out process for all involved. I hate to say that personally I felt relief. The morphine pump is gone and she’s walking with God and Pappy.
Visitation was tonight at Moore’s. It’s so weird now that my father-in-law sold it. It’s even more weird that my kids and I are so comfortable there :) It was actually nice to visit with everyone and to see all of the people who cared so deeply for such a special woman.
I just had to snap a pic on my phone of how cute Con looked in her smocked fall dress!
I packed a busy-bag that did the trick. My kids were on their best behavior for over 2 hours – they even used their inside voices!
Love me some Vickie (Allison’s mom). This is her reading a Cars book to all of the great-grandchildren.
By 6:30 – the kids had ants in their pants and after a round of pretend football in the chapel front yard – we headed to Sue-Sue’s. It is always such a nice surprise that in such a time of sorrow and sadness, friends and family can be so thoughtful. Over the past 2 days – people have brought so much food to Sue-Sue’s. It really was a comfort to have everyone together to remember and reminisce about this amazing lady.
My MIL said it best, “Our minds know it was time for her to let go, but our hearts aren’t just quite there yet!”
No comments:
Post a Comment