Monday, September 6, 2010

Adult Get-Away

I have to admit – that on a DAILY basis – I appreciate my husband for being the wonderful Daddy he is.  Now, don’t get me wrong he’s a great husband, friend, etc – but where we are in life – our kids are the center of our universe.  But, this weekend – he reminded me what an AMAZING husband he is.  We left the kids with J-J and Sue-Sue and headed to Chateaux on the Lake.  All I can say is – this was what the doctor ordered – a 24 hour adult only get-away.  We had a gorgeous room with a balcony and a beautiful view of the lake.

b13

We hit the pool IMMEDIATELY upon arrival.  It’s the kind of place where you play bingo and get cool, mint scented towels delivered as you sun and sip ice-cold cocktails.  Perfection.

b10b12

We were by the pool until almost 6:00 pm!  As I got ready for the night – this was our view.  Really, I would have sworn we were in the Caribbean!

b11

Don’t you think the pic below should be Bo’s FB profile pic?

b17 

All of the specs on the lake – boats coming our way for the Labor Day fireworks.  They had a huge cook-out, but one thing I want at Chateaux is the full – gourmet food experience and man did I get it.

 221 222 b5

In order for timing to work out for us to see the fireworks – skipped candlelit dinner in favor of apps in the bar, fireworks and then dinner in the room.  Perfection.

b1

Apps:  fried avocado fries (who knew?  buttery goodness)…

b16

…Asiago fried cheese boxes.

b14

I can’t describe how great the fireworks were.  They started right at 9:15 and went for 20 minutes.

b6b9

On the way to the room to order dinner (at almost 9:45!) – we had to check out the sweets at the sweet shop.

b7b8

Room service dinner (at least we split something!):  goat cheese tart with heirloom tomatoes…

b4

…poached salmon, risotto and asparagus with tomato jam.  Do you get the hint that we LOVE good food?

b3

But after all of the delicious gourmet treats – one of the best – Blue Bell vanilla with caramel and peanuts.  Heaven.

b2

The Branson Belle as I was climbing into bed – stuffed!             b15

We had a great (late) breakfast and hit the BRep outlet before heading home.  Literally gone 24 hours – but it felt like a week.

No comments: