Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rainy Days

It rained cats and dogs all night and was still pouring as we loaded up for school/work this morning.  All it took was Bo pulling on a pullover and the kids demanded to wear their raincoats.  Yes, apparently Conlee is STILL obsessed with coats :)  In hindsight – this was a great idea.  I struggled to keep an umbrella over me and they didn’t get a drop on them.

001

Conlee is, how should I put it – a mess, a pistol, a show-off!  You get the picture – right?  She isn’t even 2 – but you can have full-on conversations and understand every word she says.  She’s full of opinions and not scared to share (no idea where she gets this from).  When I picked her up from school – she got a bad report.  She was rough-housing with Cade all day.  Pulling hair, pushing.  I think it’s her way of showing him that she likes him :)  The teacher also said she’s so smart and loves to show it off.  She is the oldest in the class, so during circle time she screams out the answers above everyone else.

I know every parent thinks it – but she really is sharp.  I credit her benefitting from what Crawford is doing.  She can count from 1-10, sing her abc’s, pick out shapes, and she knows her colors.

The last “talent” was shown tonight during dessert.  I was short handed and they both cleared their plates, so I had to punt and go with M&M’s for dessert.  I looked over and Conlee had sorted her handful into groups of colors and was saying the color as she ate them.  Not in a creepy way, but in a “look what I know Mommy” kind of way.

002

I’m sure Crawford did the same thing at this age – but you really forget.  It doesn’t help that she’s so tiny that people often think she’s only 1 year old!!!!

No comments: