Saturday, September 12, 2009

Conlee is 10 months old!

I say this every month - but I really can not believe that 10 months ago today I gave birth to this tiny bundle of joy! She makes all of our lives so much better.
So, what's she like/what's she up to?
  • She has to be in the center of everything - if you leave the room - she's on your heels following you!
  • She's not a big hugger, but she has moments where she smiles big and puts her head on your shoulder - the best.
  • She is as tiny as tiny gets. I've got to get to Amanda's to weigh her, but 2 weeks ago at her last check - she was only 15.6!
  • She LOVES food. We are still offering 5 - 6oz bottles of the "liquid gold" but she gets "real food" with breakfast, lunch and dinner. And let me tell you - there is NOTHING this girl won't eat. Loves her veggies and fruits, but is also a big fan of pasta and bread. Veggie omelets with cheese are a big fave. I can honestly say there is nothing that she's refused and just this weekend I started with meets. She ate a half of a chicken salad sandwich yesterday. So look out - I am sure there's a growth spurt coming.
  • She is definitely "cruising for a bruising." She will hold on to anything and try to walk. Literally - she'll grab the back of my pants and go step-by-step with me. She's stood for a few seconds by herself - but she gets freaked out and sits down.
  • She might have a pink room, big bows and wear dresses - so far - she wants everything that is her brothers. She'll take a train or car over a baby doll any day.
  • Her music table and her "cheap" stack rings are her favorite toys.
  • She is a great sleeper. Recently - she's been wanting to go down really early. She's been sleeping from 6:45 - 6:45. It's amazing.
  • At home, she's a great napper - 1 1/2 in the am and 1 1/2 in the pm. But, at school - there are days when she only gets 30 minutes total. I think this has a lot to do with the first line item.
  • I think she's going to be our "performer." Give her a piano, guitar, music table, maraca, Crawford's fridge toys - she loves anything that makes music. She bounces and has recently started to clap her hands.
  • She "talks" a little. We are working on sign language - but right now, she clearly says Momma and Dadda. I'll go ahead and warn you all that she's loud like her Momma. She babbles to herself while she's playing all of the time.
  • She is great with her sippy. I haven't given her formula out of it, and she doesn't lift a finger to help feed herself the bottle. But, give her a sippy with diluted juice and she goes to town.
  • She is as easy going as it gets. We NEVER hear her cry and she will go to anyone. Her "day sheet" from school always says "Conlee had so much fun and made us laugh all day. She's such a joy!" They may be telling me what I want to hear - but her demeanor is the exact same at home.


No comments: