Friday, September 4, 2009

Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes & Cotton Candy

What else could it be? The Washington County fair!

We met the Rogers there last night and Crawford had a blast (Con stayed with Sue-Sue). I grew up going to the Mid-South fair and I swear there weren't animals there? I remember looking at cars and quilts. But that's not the case here - cows, pigs, chickens, lambs, goats, rabbits - you name it. Crawford loved it, but I am not ashamed to say that I HATED this part.
"This piggy's napping!" Notice the hand in the cage. I was all over Bo to make him keep his hands out of the cages and to keep from stepping in God knows what. Did I mention the smell?
Dear Lord help me, the chicken and turkey coop."The Easter Bunny Momma!" I'll admit, this one was cute!
So, I may have really warped Crawford with all of the pics I take of him. I swear, he stood in the "scoop" and said, "Take my picture Momma. Cheese!"
I asked if he was ready to ride rides and he yelled, "YEAH!!!! I wanna ride 4-wheeler and tractor." Made me laugh.
You can tell in the pic above that at this high of an elevation - he got his first glimpse of the "real" rides. That's all it took, "I wanna ride that choo-choo!" By the way, the choo-choo was a roller-coaster. So, off we went.

By barely a hair to spare he made the 36" rule - so we were cleared to ride the roller-coaster. This was a pretty big one, so I was scared he'd freak and want off. That wasn't the case at all! I told him to put his hands up like the kid in front of us and up they went. Then it was, "Again, again, again!" But, this was a 10 ticket ride - so we convinced him to go find something else :)
We found the "real" choo-choo and Crawford thought he had to have his hands up on that too :)
Again, what would we do without the girls? Ray-Ray was a sport and rode the rides with them!
Crawford was a little bored with the "animal" ride. He wanted to ride the bumper cars and we almost had a melt down when I told him he was too small. So, off to the fun house we went. I was very wary of this because even to me - it looked tall, but Crawford said he'd go. About half way up, Rachel yelled that Crawford didn't want to go anymore. So, Bo had to go in after him! He wanted more roller coaster. Should I be worried that he has the need for speed?
We found the 2nd roller-coaster and this time it was Bo's turn. Again, both hands in the air! By this time it was dark, so I had to "lighten" the pics below so you could see them.
What's a trip to the fair without haggling with a carney?
And oh was it worth it - Scooby Doo was his prize!
I got lucky and "got" to ride the tea cups with him. "Faster Momma. Faster!" My legs were pretty wobbly afterwards!
By this time it was 8:30, so we needed to go pick up Con. So, we picked up a funnel cake (what would a trip to the fair be without one) and headed for the car. Did I mention that Crawford had already had a corn dog and cotton candy? He kept saying, "More bite of "funny" cake PEESE!"

I was a little worried that Con would be mad because Sue-Sue said she'd been in bed since 7:00. But, I got her out of the bed and put her in the car seat without one peep. We got home and she went straight down. We didn't hear a single thing from her all night. This child is AMAZING!

For those in NWA, we are headed back to the fair tomorrow at 2:00 for the tractor pull - an event not to be missed!

No comments: