Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Steps!

So the day started out a bit strange. Eager to get back to work, I was up and "ready" for work at 6:15 this morning. At 6:40 my cell rings. School is closed again today - this time due to a power outage. So, today it was my turn to take the morning shift. I plow in and get a lot done before the kids wake up and finish breakfast. But after that - it was a downhill slide.

The entire time I am thinking - how long can a power outage last? 30 min? Try 3 1/2 hours!!!! Here we are "playing" restaurant - I was desperate to entertain them and I was feeling guilty for the "unsupervised" 1 1/2 hours of t.v. time I gave them :)
At 10:30 - the school calls and they are open for business. I swear my kids were the first ones there!

When I went to pick them up, there was big news. Conlee took her first step today! Look out world - here she comes!

No comments: