This morning started off like any normal day. Me dressed, kids breakfast, rip the count down calendar and off to school. Well, there was the bit where I had to “clean up” Conlee before drop off. That’s right the snotty nose is STILL here. So much so that Bo and I talked about needing to get her into the doc before leaving on vacation. But, note that wasn’t before going to school – that was before leaving on Saturday. Today was a BIG day for me at work. A few key meetings and a gazillion loose ends to wrap up before being off next week.
But, Conlee had other plans. At 9:30 I got the call to come and get her. Green snot and gunky eyes get you tossed every time. I got an appointment at 2:30 and was able to squeeze in a full morning in the office.
As Con and I waited in the waiting area – it dawned on me that they would weigh her. Oh no – panic. What if she isn’t anywhere near 20 pounds. Will I have to turn her back around?????
Crisis averted – she literally weighed 20 pounds, not an ounce more, not an ounce less. Good news is her ears and chest are clear. But, he did give us an antibiotic since we are headed out of town! Funny how kids can “change” your plans even when they don’t intend to. Still glad we got her looked at BEFORE the 14 hour drive!
No comments:
Post a Comment