Saturday, July 17, 2010

On the Water

We slept “late” and got up around 8:00 this morning.  Of course, what did we do?  Host a breakfast buffet.  Coffee cake, homemade blueberry muffins, egg-sausage casserole, fruit – you name it – we ate it :)

After the feast we all suited up and headed to the dock.  Here are the 7 boys all on the mule.

 Lake 2010 016

Here’s the all-girl kid pic.  Can you believe out of 10 kids there are only 3 girls????

Lake 2010 019

As expected, Crawford and Hudson were thick as thieves.

Lake 2010 021 Lake 2010 024

I was scared Con would be timid – but I got that all wrong.  She was raring to go.

Lake 2010 026

We are so blessed to have friends with boats :)  The Combs’ had a pontoon and the McClendon’s had a deck boat.  We were set!

Lake 2010 027

The big kids literally tubed for 8 hours straight!

Lake 2010 028 Lake 2010 030 Lake 2010 031

The kids loved jumping off of the boat.  They’d say different Buzz Lightyear sayings and jump.  Even Con went!

Lake 2010 033 

An attempt at a family pic.

 Lake 2010 036

Pat and Max.

Lake 2010 038  Lake 2010 040

William playing Captain :)

Lake 2010 042  Lake 2010 045

Max’s turn to drive.

Lake 2010 047  Lake 2010 049

Our crew took up an entire cove!

Lake 2010 050  Lake 2010 054

Pat & Amy – have I mentioned they are moving back to Fayetteville?????  Hooray!!!!!

Lake 2010 056

Con and me enjoying snack time while lounging.

Lake 2010 059

Emily Kate and Becky – how cute!

Lake 2010 060

The “real” captain and the an amazing host – Mr. Lex!

Lake 2010 061

After 3 hours, it was time to eat again – of course!  We had lunch on the dock and it was all lake food should be.  Lots of bad, yummy stuff.

Lake 2010 063 Lake 2010 064

A few of us headed in for nap time, while the “big” guys went cliff diving.  Will say, I am super glad my kids missed that.  Am positive they would have wanted to go.

Con woke up early from nap and had crazy lake hair.  I decided to experiment and try dog-ears.  It worked!!!!  Have you ever seen anything so cute in your life???  Oh yeah, can you see that her left eye is black from her trip down the stairs?  Dog-ears, pearl bracelet and black-eye; that pretty much sums up Con :)

photo

When we got back to the dock for round 2 on the lake – it was snack time (do you see a pattern here?).

Lake 2010 066 Lake 2010 069

Amber and I took the boys on the tube.  We had so much fun.  I bet I haven’t been on one in 15 years!  Julie took action shots.  Love them.

Lake 2010 070 Lake 2010 071 Lake 2010 074 

When we were stopped, Con and William got to “tube.”  Jon would splash water on them and they would die laughing.

 Lake 2010 076 Lake 2010 077  Lake 2010 081

The Krauft boys.

Lake 2010 085

I feel like I was on a girls weekend.  The kids spent the weekend in the playroom; the boys in the den; the girls a the kitchen table.  My mind is made up – babies are done.  It only gets better as they get older :)

Lake 2010 090

Guess what came next, dinner :)  Here’s a shot of the kids at the table.  Amy made some amazing stuffed zucchini (from Paula Deen – worth making!).

Lake 2010 091

Here’s a shot of the “pallet” the kids had to sleep and watch movies.

Lake 2010 093

Did I mention the kitchen table?  Julie was DONE after a full day on the lake, but she rallied.  There were only 3 of us that made it late night!

Lake 2010 095

No comments: