We are all anxiously awaiting our upcoming trip to Rosemary Beach. To get the kids excited – I “stole” a project from Conlee’s teacher – we made hand crabs. Crawford expertly explained that crabs bite you when you walk down the beach and they snap off your leg. I’m seriously hoping we don’t encounter any of those :)
It turned into a great activity with lots of “teachable” moments. First up, we sorted the sea shells from last year’s trip. We were looking for small shells for our craft. Con would pick out a big one and Crawford would sneak it and put it back in the jar! I honestly think he didn’t want to hurt her feelings.
Next we used glue and sand to make our beach. Con liked this because she loves to dump anything and she giggled when we got to shake it all around to cover all of the glue.
We painted our hands red – this made the crab.
The kids even convinced me to make one.
Always the best part – gluing on the eyes.
We then glued the small shells to the beach.
Last we painted a sun in the sky.
Here are the finished masterpieces…Con’s
Crawford’s
Mom’s (with a sun by Con)
Crawford was so excited to show his to Bo when he got home. I overheard him telling Bo, “We did a pretty good job, but it would have been better if there was an ocean.” Ha! He’s right!
No comments:
Post a Comment