Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1st – time for fireworks

After a long, hard day at work – I was so excited to pick up the kids and surprise them with Babe & Pops!  They both ran in and started screaming and clapping.  Crawford had to deck out in all of the 4th gear!

 022

Bo golfed – so I took a “give me”  and we hit El Sol for dinner.  The kids LOVE it.  I swear they could eat tacos 5 nights a week.

023 024

When we got home, our neighbors called and asked if the kids could stay up late and shoot some fireworks.  Well, that was a big NO for Con – she was rubbing her eyes at dinner.  But Crawford was raring to go.  Cole had given him a box of fireworks from his Pop’s stand – so he was super excited.

025 026

Seriously – can you get any better than the pic below?  Again, I love the house all decked out in flags.

027

Harrison and Susan bought some fun “small” things – and Crawford loved them all.

028 029 030 031 

He especially loved the poppers.

033 

My favorite were the Crawfish!  For $1 – they are guaranteed to last 2 minutes.  It’s like a sparkler that pops and goes forever.  Loved it.

035 036

Crawford got a kick out of the colored smoke bombs.

037 

The “finale” of the evening :)

039

These guys have a huge party on the 4th – this year we are celebrating on the 3rd!  This is one of my favorite holidays (only Christmas tops it).  The weather here has been amazing – 80!  Let’s pray that continues.  Tomorrow we’ll hit the grocery and start cooking our “dishes” to contribute to the party.  Bo always says that my favorite part is the prep not the party.  He’s so right.  Cooking in the kitchen with my mom – I’m so looking forward to it.

No comments: