Today was one of the most low-key 4th of July’s ever – which was great! The weather was so nice and we had no “plans” which was amazing. The kids finally got to wear their 4th swimsuits that they were supposed to wear to the pool party! I couldn’t decide what pic I liked better – so you get both below.
Before hitting the pool – we had to have gummies for a snack!
This is the kids this year…
…and this is them last year. Can you get over Con? I give her such a hard time for being a little bit – but man she’s getting so big!
Here she is in all her pool gear. Hat, vest, raft, bucket, ring – check and double check.
Con did NOT like the fact that she couldn’t play basketball in the pool with Bo and Crawford – so we cut the pool trip short and headed home. Conlee was oh so happy. She sat and “worked” filling up her buckets for an hour straight.
And then Crawford decided to jump in on her action. She turned the spray on him – and it was so funny!
Just as I’d gotten the kids dressed for dinner and fireworks – Con decided to lean over into the pool and get her top wet. So – into the dryer it went – no way did I think she’d get back in the pool. Boy was I wrong – shorts and sandals only and she barreled in!!!! She’s such a ham – she thought it was hilarious.
Bo did his amazing wings – man were they good!
And then it was time to get ready for our 4th round of fireworks! We all got our glow in the dark tattoos on and got ready.
The ice cream man had impeccable timing :)
Both kids decided that poppers were their favorite!
This is Con playing hide-n-seek. Too cute.
Pops had to go home last night because he didn’t feel well. Loved that he felt better tonight and got to play with the kids! It was quite nice being some of the only people on the block. We popped all of our $45 box before 8:00 and had the kids in bed early. After everyone left, Bo and I took the monitor outside and got on a blanket to watch the display. It was fireworks in surround sound. So nice!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment