Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3rd – fireworks round 3

Unfortunately, the rain ended up raining out the pool party we’d planned to attend this afternoon.  But, we made lemonade out of lemons and took Crawford to see Toy Story 3!  We got there with about 10 minutes till show time and got the last 3 seats in the house.  Which meant we were literally on the front row!  Crawford wasn’t leaving so we settled in for an up close and personal show.  It was a tad scary – but he didn’t flinch.  The kid loves the movies.

   photo5 

Con stayed home with Babe and Pops and the finalized the party prep.  The pool portion of the party was canceled – but we had a ton of food – so the dinner portion was still on.

July 3 2010 027

We got so lucky because the sky cleared and we had a great evening with great friends, amazing food and spectacular fireworks.  Babe & I made appetizers.  I got there late – so I only got a shot of her fruit plate after most of the fruit was gone.  It was so pretty!

July 3 2010 029 July 3 2010 030

Low point in parenting – this is the kids counting and playing with beer tops.  Don’t judge – I needed anything to keep them busy :)

July 3 2010 033 July 3 2010 034 July 3 2010 036

Sue-Sue with the assist!

July 3 2010 038 July 3 2010 039

Our neighbor who always puts on the show recently underwent surgery – so he only did a “few” fireworks.  This is what a few looked like!

July 3 2010 041

We contributed a few!  Amanda was so nice and brought us all of these from her dad’s stand.  They were some of the best of the evening!

July 3 2010 042

Oh how I love the pics below.  The kids decked in red, white and blue on the front steps.  Growing up, my cousins and I would compete to see who could have the most red, white & blue on.  Have I mentioned I’m crazy about this holiday?

July 3 2010 044 July 3 2010 045 July 3 2010 055

The kids had dessert out front.  By far the most they ate all evening.

July 3 2010 047 July 3 2010 049 July 3 2010 051   July 3 2010 058 July 3 2010 060

Conlee scared me a bit because at 7:00 she was cuddled up and rubbing her eyes.  But she was a rock star – was up until 10:00!

July 3 2010 061 photo4July 3 2010 062

All of the houses on my corner decided to shoot ours on the 3rd!  Here’s one of the crowds.

July 3 2010 065 July 3 2010 087  July 3 2010 089   July 3 2010 086 

Crawford’s favorite – the fire truck Cole gave him.

July 3 2010 069 July 3 2010 070 July 3 2010 075 July 3 2010 076 July 3 2010 077 

The biggest hit of the night were the blow bracelets I got for $1 at Target!

 July 3 2010 083 photo3July 3 2010 084 July 3 2010 089

Mom treated the entire crew to homemade ice cream!  We are by far the most popular folks on the block now!!!!

July 3 2010 095 July 3 2010 098

After everyone left (about 10:45) – I sampled the ice cream with praline sauce.  Yum, yum.

photo1

I so want to move (to get more room) but a night like tonight makes me LOVE my neighborhood.  I don’t think I could stand the thought of leaving!

No comments: