Friday, July 9, 2010

Shopping, Golf and Fun

I take back every “snide” remark I’ve ever made about vacationing in Branson.  Now, I’ve always gone –but I’ll admit – I’m a bit of a snob.  After the day we’ve had and the amazing place we are staying – I take it all back.  We all had a BLAST this afternoon.  Sure, there are crowds and Victorian doll shops – but if you look past that, you kind find a TON of things for a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old to do.

First off, the Disney store.  Nothing more to say, but it’s their paradise.  We HAD to buy Buzz and Minnie.  We also picked up a few other items:)  Nike, Banana, Ann Taylor and BCBG – man that’s fun.  Crawford finally got his own golf glove.  He was so excited to wear it playing put-put.

 photo1 photo Branson 2010 021

I was scared there wouldn’t be a ton of stuff for the kids to do at the “amusement” parks on 76 – man, I was wrong.  Put-put, a train, spinning cups, quarter rides and spinning bunnies.  Con could only do a few things – but she didn’t mind a bit.  We spent $30 and to be cliché it was priceless.  So excuse, the gazillion pics below.

 Branson 2010 022  Branson 2010 024 Branson 2010 025 Branson 2010 026 Branson 2010 027 Branson 2010 028 Branson 2010 029 Branson 2010 030 Branson 2010 031

He has no idea that a Tiger fist-pump might not be “in vogue” anymore :)

Branson 2010 032  Branson 2010 034  Branson 2010 036 Branson 2010 037 Branson 2010 038 Branson 2010 039 Branson 2010 043

While Crawford got to drive the train, Con rode with Snoopy.  She was mad his hat wouldn’t come off!

Branson 2010 040  Branson 2010 042 

The one thing they could both do – the spinning bunnies.  It went so fast – I was surprised and scared they’d hate it.  But they both got comfortable and would wave as they came by!

Branson 2010 044 Branson 2010 045 Branson 2010 046  Branson 2010 048 Branson 2010 049 

We “played” until 7:00 – so it was Wendy’s drive-through for the kids dinner (the grown-ups had chicken pailard on the deck way after the kids went down).  The “prize” was a “joke” kit.  To preserve my relationship with my MIL – I chose not to post the pic of her wearing the glasses :)

Branson 2010 051 Branson 2010 052

Branson 2010 053

What a wonderful day.  1 1/2 hours from our home – and I feel like I’m a million miles away.  So happy.

No comments: